Sometimes I struggle with anxiety and depression. I can’t control how and when it appears but what I can do is focus my energy on things that I know make me happy. So, in this post I will share with you how I’m celebrating the International Day of Happiness.
What is International Day of Happiness?
If you’re unfamiliar, today (20 March), is International Day of Happiness. It is a day which is celebrated worldwide and was conceptualised by philanthropist, activist, statesman, and prominent United Nations special advisor Jayme Illien to inspire, mobilise, and advance the global happiness movement.
The theme this year is ‘Ten Steps to Global Happiness’. Full details on their ten steps, packed full with great advice can be seen here.
Daily Journaling Inspiration
The journals each touch on different themes and different aspects. In fact, for months I’ve been watching what Happiness Planner do as a business. Ultimately it is their aim to “inspire people to live a purpose and passion driven life, and to find happiness from within”. Something I really need to work on myself.
Each book is a month of daily journaling inspiration. They contain 30 questions that help examine each particular aspect of yourself, unlock past and current issues, and set goals and actionable plans to work towards and improve that aspect of our lives.
Important question, which book should I start with?
As mentioned, there are six books, so which should I start with?
– Gratitude: To feel and practice the appreciating of gifts, benefits, and blessings one has received in one’s life.
– Law of Attraction: The magnetic force that brings into our lives what we focus on most.
– Confidence: To reach a better understanding of ourselves, increase our confidence levels, and unlock our fullest potential.
– Self Awareness: To become more aware and conscious of one’s own characteristics, feelings, motivations, and desires.
– Growth Mindset: To believe that one is in control of one’s destiny, because one is in control of one’s development and growth.
– Purpose: To help search for life’s greatest meaning and what makes your heart sing.
Until next time…
Inspired. Empowered. Unstoppable.